Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My Invented Religion: Planes of Existence

In an earlier post I talked about "mapping" the gods. This is a part of the religion I have recently invented for myself: Fictionality (a hybrid term between fiction and spirituality, also sounds like "functionality". It is the idea that honoring the idea of fictional characters can be spiritually fulfilling, even if no one believes those characters are real.


Lately I've been reading about "planes of existence" from various esoteric traditions. My reactions have been mostly negative, as such systems tend to include an astral plane and soul existing independently of the body. I highly doubt either of those things exist, but since people claim to have experienced them, I decided to include a version of this in my invented religion.

The planes of my religion are based more on the concept of the "noosphere" (something developed by Vladimir Vernadsky and  Pierre Teilhard de Chardin). In this system, there are three inter-connected "spheres". The physiosphere (physical universe), biosphere (biological organisms) and noosphere (sphere of human thought).

In my system, there is no "astral plane" but rather the noosphere, which can be explored in a similar manner, but unlike "astral projection" you couldn't really meet anyone else real in there except by accident (both of you have the same or a similar dream about each other while there).

My invented religion seeks to form its own magickal practice on more rational principles (similar to chaos magick). In fact, my invented religion has been influenced a great deal by chaos magick.

No comments:

Post a Comment